SciFinder – A powerful discovery tool for chemistry
SciFinder provides access to the complete CAS database and is updated daily.
- What are the chemical properties of a substance?
- How can I make a specific chemical?
- Is there patent protection?
- Are there regulatory restrictions?
- Where can I get the reagents?
- What’s the most relevant chemistry literature?
To access the database, first-time users need to apply to the library (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a login.
CAS offers some getting-started information:
- Short, targeted videos and PDFs: www.cas.org/training/scifinder
- A Youtube playlist of essential video guides
If you’re interested in a SciFinder training session, please get in touch with the library. We’ll be glad to arrange an appointment with an expert for you.